Newish member

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Welcome - my Daughter just moved from Charlotte, quite a growing town. I've spent some time there and had the pleasure of going to 4 wide, Nascar hall of fame, Auto Racing Hall of Fame, Petty's race shop, Roush Yates, and enjoying your Lake Norman.

Reactions: 1 user

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Welcome Jeremy, Thank you for you're service. Nice Monte looking forward to you're build.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Jeremy.
Thank you for sharing your story (pics) and a little bit of your gearhead experiences. It's always appreciated. Sounds like a nice Monte Carlo to be cherished, especially that it was your granddad's car originally, plus having memories of it in your youth.

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
Thank you everyone for the nice welcome to the family. Definitely makes it cherished knowing it was his for so long as well as the memories. I seem to still smell him inside. Got me emotional first time I took it for a drive. It's pretty clean. I know it needs some work on some things, I've seen them much cleaner but it'll get there. Have a guy with a Monte SS body and interior he used for parts maybe 20 mins from here. It has a full interior same color as mine so gonna go check it out and see what pieces he may have on my list I made that I'm looking for. Maybe some stuff I didn't think about. I know what you mean about all the racing related stuff around here lilbowtie. I've been to some of those. Of course I've been to the 4 wide Nationals. Still get a good spot at alot of races etc being a disabled vet. I use it where I can. Haha I go to alot of swap meets around here too. Excited to go to the good guys show this year to see if I can find some g bodies now that they allow up to 87 vehicles. I missed the NC Nationals in Raleigh cause I was out of town. Won't miss the Oct show here in Charlotte though. Once again thank you guys!

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I recall hearing about a large annual swapmeet / car event at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. I'm sure something to mark your calendar for.

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Of course I've been to the 4 wide Nationals.

My Daughter works for one of the beer companies - had VIP passes

2016-09-17 03.52.03.jpg

2016-09-16 05.46.28.jpg

Trigger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Denver, NC
Well that's above my level. I don't believe I've ever been involved with anything that made me VIP. Haha sure looks nice up there though. I'll have to check out that swap meet at speedway. I've heard about it but don't know the timeframe. I go to the Maggie Valley ones alot. That place has been famous ever since Wheels Through Time...the motorcycle show started filming there. They do 3 big swap meets a year. Pic of the interior also

Attachments

• IMG_20190501_210443170.jpg
    IMG_20190501_210443170.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor