No avail

Iis there any gas coming out of the pump? Before you go tearing into the tank, pull the line off the carb and crank it alot to see if you get gas squirting out. If gas does squirt then getting fuel from the tank is not the problem but the carb.
Ok I'll try it tomorrow doesn't hurt at all to try.

I would recommend starting with the basics. Get a 5 gallon can and an electric pump and get the car running. After you've established the car runs, then worry about trying to use the factory system.

Reactions: 2 users
I would recommend starting with the basics. Get a 5 gallon can and an electric pump and get the car running. After you've established the car runs, then worry about trying to use the factory system.
*Low psi electric pump*.

Reactions: 1 users
It was old gas that was sitting probably for a while. Yeah wanting to pressurize the tank need to find me a second person. Demon carb isn't new which thinking about getting a new carb not sure if it's the issue or not. Has a strong flow as well.
You can try a different carb but I don't feel that the diagnostic process is over yet and it may be a waste of time and/ or introduce new problems.

You didn't answer 2 very important questions there: Did you clean the tank? Did you replace the hoses?

And a new question: Why do you require a second person to pressurize the tank? Wrap a rag around a blow nozzle, jam it in there, and use duct tape to hold it there while you go look at the fuel line you've added a hose and bucket to. Or add a valve stem to the screw-in gas cap (not the stock one).

*Low psi electric pump*.
I was going to suggest this i think 5-7 psi seems right. Any thing is possible it could be a bad fuel pump new out of the box. Especially the quality parts of today

Reactions: 1 users
So I decided to check the carb never thought maybe that was a issue maybe I have other issues. But put maybe 120 ml of gas in vent and no squirt nothing so guessing the carb needs a rebuild or has some gunk from maybe shitty gas. So gonna buy new Or rebuild and take it from there.

Thanks for everyone's help opened the carb gas was just sitting in the bowl. So just gonna rebuild it and take it from there. Thanks

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor