No more USBODY SOURCE W30 Style Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
I called today to order my hood and they said it's discontinued. I guess I'm goin with the Hurst hood. I found a real nice one for $300 with all the trim off an 84. It's local so at least no shipping.

rhuarc32

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2011
Dunno, the pictures are crappy, but doesn't look that bad. I went ahead and ordered it (since they're not that far from me) I'll get some better pics and let you know - 5-6 weeks build time tho

rhuarc32

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2011
The VFN hood has arrived., I think it looks great, AND it came set up for actual ram air/cold air. Soon as I find the darn adapter so I can get the pics off the phone I'll upload them. Got some of it off and some of it on the car. Kinda got me excited about the project all over again :)

rhuarc32

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 9, 2011
Pics as promised :) For the bolt on hood with functional air box they list it at $550. As I own my own shop I was able to get wholesale pricing, which was a decent discount, and I'm only a couple hours away so the truck freight wasn't bad either. It bolted right on, and I think looks pretty good, need to finish the body work and put the 455 in it tho.
Photo315.jpg
[*]
Photo316.jpg
[*]
Photo317.jpg
[*]
Photo318.jpg
[*]
Photo319.jpg

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Love them hoods . mind me ask how much cheaper u got it ?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
For those who don't like the overley aggressive look of the W30 style hood, but want something a bit more than ( and functional if you cut a hole in your hood ) the H/O scoop, I'd suggest the 'Darth Vader cowl induction scoop. IMO, I think it looks the best on a G-body Cutlass and costs about $375 I think. They're made from the original GM/Oldsmobile molds of the Darth Vader prototype car.

Here's a link to a post of mine on another site. The pic is in my sig; http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76506

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor