Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
mondo1 said:
Attn:"88hurstolds"
Well, We've gone ahead and changed the design of the 81-88 version which should make everyone happy, these are pictures of the plug we made the mold from, which is why they are gray in color but the actual product will be in black and I expect to have the first one done at the end of next week, as you can see we've changed the angle of the scoops to match the angle of the header panel , and we removed the hump at the back. Thanks for your input and Your Welcome
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ahkjak/8188442.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ahkjak/81884422.jpg[/img]
Cool.
I'd have to say I've had conversations here and there about y'all's hood and a lot of what 88H/O was saying is what I heard also.
When do you think you'll have a better pic of the newer designed ones and test fitted on a 81-88 Cutlass? Gonna have some extra funds next month and I might be interested in purchasing one.

I too didn't like the old hood for the same reasons. That new hood is much better! I am looking forward to seeing one painted and installed.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
Alright, I have purchased the vfn 81-88 w-30 hood. Although it will not be done untill the 30th for pick up. I have 2 solid questions. How big is the airbox. I need to know what size open element air filter to buy, also the chrome piece that runs paralell to the window on the hood. Can it be used on the w-30 hood? Please someone I need answers!!!

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
The new US body source hood actually has an indentation down the middle like an original hood so you can put your chrome strip back on. You may want to consider putting that in as most people will want to put there chrome strip back on or else they may need to fill the holes from the small piece of chrome that also extends on the front nose piece. Not sure about all years but that is how it is on my 85.

bugsyroo01

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2013
jociha said:
The new US body source hood actually has an indentation down the middle like an original hood so you can put your chrome strip back on. You may want to consider putting that in as most people will want to put there chrome strip back on or else they may need to fill the holes from the small piece of chrome that also extends on the front nose piece. Not sure about all years but that is how it is on my 85.

And about the air box? What is the diameter of the air box?

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Here is a pic of the US hood, sadly i buoght it just a month ago after seeing the VFN, it did not look factory wich is what most people will want. The scoops are 1.5 in. tall in the front. I would like to see VFN create a couple computer generated models and we could vote. I think the front of the scoops are as tall as they should be, maybe a bit shorter, say 1.25 in. tall and maybe a bit narrower. Took a lot of work to make this one look good.

Attachments

• 1985 cutlass 442 004.JPG
    1985 cutlass 442 004.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,639
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor