No, that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphx7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2010
I pulled into a parking space in front of a new Dodge Challenger at the Publix. As I stepped out of my 1982 GMC Caballero the driver of the Challenger walked up to his car dressed to the nines in the latest hospital scrubs. Behind his spankin new muscle machine a guy drives up behind the Challenger and yells out "HEY!" With a thumbs up, "Nice ride!" The Challenger (Guy) turns with a smile and a wave to get a "No, the El Camino!" (Caballero). True story. 8) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2523606

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
enough to make you get butterflies, nothing better

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
That's funny, I can see myself being the guy saying "nice El Camino".

Speaking of Challengers, I toasted 2 of them in the 1/4 mile in my stock 350Z. They don't like to talk to me when I ask them why a stock v-6 just wasted a brand new V-8.

JOE

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Nice job man and nice car... I would also be that guy to say nice el camino.
I like the challengers too, but you can see those at the dealership...
As for beating one with a 350z (they have 287-306 hp depending on the year) only way you'd be beating a challenger is with either a 3.5 v6 or a really bad driver...
The 5.7l is 375hp/398tq (under rated, same exact motor in the ram) is 390/407.
The 6.1 is 425hp /420tq...

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
but theres the fact that the challenger is a bloated pig of a car. the 350z is MUCH lighter. i don't know the actual power to weight ratios, but i'm willing to bet the 350 is better.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Not saying there's anything wrong with the 350X but I'd take the Challenger....

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
Your right, the V-8 should be much quicker than the Z even though it's heavier. The one I raced must have been a V6, which explains why the guy wouldnt pop his hood after claiming it was a v-8. I did some research and the V6 model is 400 LB heavier than the Z and runs the same times as the guy I beat over and over. The V6 challenger is the same exact size (3.5L) as the Z, but makes 50 less HP (only 250), and on top of that gets worse mileage...

I'd much rather have the El Camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor