Non-AC heater box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Having built one car without A/C, I will never do it to myself again! I guess I do not hate myself enough to sweat profusely in summertime 95 degree heat while sitting in rush hour traffic. It gets VERY hot inside the car due to exhaust heat end engine heat....

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
the remedy for having to take the box completely out to lose the a/c.

P2120054.jpg

P2120055.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
can you give detailed steps on how you did that slimbo

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
P2110050.jpg

P2110052.jpg

pretty self explanatory. i used sheet aluminum to make the panels. did the lower one first and sealed it on the inside edge with caulk. then put the lid on and made the upper piece and sealed it as well. used rivets to hold it all together.

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
goood idea slim, think i'll do that instead since i cant take my dash out alarm wires are trapped around it

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but...

Could someone explain the function of the left vent/right vent levers pictured above. I removed my AC and installed a non-AC heater box, and I've never figured out if those levers are supposed to be used in conjuction with the heater controls, or work independantly.

Of course, I really haven't spent that much time playing around with it.

80Maliboo

Apprentice
Feb 26, 2010
If it is anything like I think it is, the vents open flaps on the kick pannels that allow air to come in from outside, usuially with some velocity behind it. Its non-ac cars' way of providing some cooling, at least that's how it was on my 78 stepside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor