non G body rear axle tube code question.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I purchased a rear axle for a 1988 Caprice project that I have, and the seller told me that the axle came out of a 1990 Cadillac Brougham, but he had scrapped the car, so I don't have the RPO code for the axle. I got the axle blasted, and I can read a code on the front side of the right axle tube. I'm trying to find an online resource for these codes, and not having much luck. Anyone here know how I can find this information? I'm trying to figure out the rear gear ratio. I did a spin test on it, and I think its right around 3/1. I know that GM used both 2.93/1 and 3.08/1 gears in these cars. Just trying to confirm what it is. The code on the axle tube looks like 2MG G9254. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
2MG.png

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor