Noob Comment But Hey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron_hollis5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 7, 2008
Clarksville TN
Alright...this is gonna be a complete noob question but who cares only one way to learn...I know my car has a 350 in it....im trying to go for dressy and a little power. Just lead me towards the water ill drink it. Also does anyone know of like an online technical manual...PDF format...I know computers not cars but tryna learn. :oops:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
don't take this the wrong way but...where's the question?
if you're new to cars i highly recommend buying a haynes manual for your make/model.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
haynes manual is your best bet. i dunno are they online as wel?

aaron_hollis5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 7, 2008
Clarksville TN
im saying i wanna know where to begin...im going for dressy and just a lil bit of power...trying to get steered in the right direction

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Hmnn.. Aaron not sure what exactly you want help with. Better acceleration number one improvement will likely be better gear in the rear end. You should have a 7.5 rear with tall gears (numerically low) if you buy say 3.08, 3.23 you will get alot better acceleration and still have a great cruiser that doesnt suck fuel like mad. Not sure as an 84 I think you should have the 4 speed overdrive transmission instead of an older 3 speed if so you could even go to 3.42 or 3.73s.

Next 350 what? I can't see it well enough from that pic. 350 Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, or Buick? Regardless bang for the buck its hard to go wrong with a set of headers. Better power and mileage. But spend a couple exra buck and get good gaskets so that you don't have leaks. Such as www.remflex.com.

Dressy classy I would like to see a pic of the car for that but with regards to the engine bay just get it clean. You have a chrome air breather you can get chrome or other valve covers. When you upgrade wires a generic set of red MSDs are cheap good and look good imo. The headers will help also. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor