noob...Good Deal? yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

apj87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 12, 2009
NewJersey
nice find....go for it. ditch those cheesy hubcaps and if you can find a turbo hood even better

85_regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2009
West Springfield, MA
ok heres the story i got he had a '76 cutlass sitting around rotting his ex-wife threatened to junk it so he bought this car as a six with a blown headgasket, trailer hitch and hood scoops. Grabbed the 350 out of the cutlass and dropped it in this and had the crossmember professionaly notched for dual exhaust. it runs nice and drives great. will deffinately keep you updated

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Just be sure to check the frame rails behind the rear wheels for rot. That can ruin your day in a hurry, and it is a common problem on cars that have seen use up north or as boat trailer tow cars down south.

85_regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2009
West Springfield, MA
i might not be getting this after all because being an honest guy not wanting to screw me he started checking out the car making sure it was good for the sale and he says he found some more rust and is going to see is an auto body guy thinks it is saveable and if it is he will knock a couple hundred off the price if not he is not going to sell the car and he will take out the motor and transmission and sell those

jade81olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 20, 2009
MI
85_regal said:
i might not be getting this after all because being an honest guy not wanting to screw me he started checking out the car making sure it was good for the sale and he says he found some more rust and is going to see is an auto body guy thinks it is saveable and if it is he will knock a couple hundred off the price if not he is not going to sell the car and he will take out the motor and transmission and sell those

yikes! is this new-found rust that bad? There always others out there. cars that are all one color can be had for $1k :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor