dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Ouch! It could be fixed but not worth it.

HDFXR1991

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Ouch is right......
Still some hope there in parts.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
I know exactly how this guy feels to.Two months ago a chick in a mercedes side swiped me.Unfortunately her insurance does want to pay and my insurance company says its to old to put money into.

Attachments

• DSC00936.JPG
    DSC00936.JPG
    804.6 KB · Views: 527

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
Mikes83ss said:
I know exactly how this guy feels to.Two months ago a chick in a merceded side swiped me.Unfortunately her insurance does want to pay and my insurance company says its to old to put money into.

You must've been pissed! That doesn't look too bad though, hopefully you'll be able to fix it no problem...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mikes83ss said:
I know exactly how this guy feels to.Two months ago a chick in a mercedes side swiped me.Unfortunately her insurance does want to pay and my insurance company says its to old to put money into.

I forced my insurance company to fork over the amount of the estimate to fix it and I kept the car...in 2002 I got $3750 for the damage for an 85 GP. You do not have to accept what the tell you

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
pontiacgp said:
Mikes83ss said:

I forced my insurance company to fork over the amount of the estimate to fix it and I kept the car

How the hell did you do that???

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I gave them receipts of what I put into the car in the last year and told them if they don't want to fix it they can find me another car just like it. It was a t-top car, they found one a few thousand miles away but I didn't like color so they got fed up and offered to pay the damage and I said I keep the car on the road, they said ok. I should mention I own a paralegal firm and threatened to take them to court if they didn't want to pay...

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
pontiacgp said:
I gave them receipts of what I put into the car in the last year and told them if they don't want to fix it they can find me another car just like it. It was a t-top car, they found one a few thousand miles away but I didn't like color so they got fed up and offered to pay the damage and I said I keep the car on the road, they said ok. I should mention I own a paralegal firm and threatened to take them to court if they didn't want to pay...

Sounds like that worked out pretty good for you eh? How bad was the damage?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
rear bumper, quarter panel, frame rail in the back and front bumper, header panel, frame horn and fender and lites and stuff. I was a 4 car crash, I was the first to get hit and turned on an angle and smacked the car in front hard enough to push it into the car in from of them...spent the next 6 years in physio and other fun things. The car survived better then me.. :mrgreen:

don't let the insurance company dictate to you. Bug the crap out of them till you get what you want cause with the damage to the door your car is probably still on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor