HELP NOS Automatic climate control

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Does anyone know what cars this may have come in?
Ideas on value?
I thought I'd convert to this but I thinks it's too much work at this point. Thanks for any assistance..

Attachments

• 20240721_185409.jpg
    20240721_185409.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240721_185602.jpg
    20240721_185602.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what cars this may have come in?
Ideas on value?
I thought I'd convert to this but I thinks it's too much work at this point. Thanks for any assistance..
I know B & C bodies had that option. Think Regals had it as an option. Regardless it'll be RPO C61. Anything that had that system should be a source for the other needed parts.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks similar to Cadillacs of that era (late 70's to early 80's) most likely any of those "auto" climate control systems used what was called a "programmer" module (brain) behind the dash, and usually a "power module" in the HVAC case instead of blower (lo/med1/med2) resistors because they also used in car temp sensors, aspirator tubes, etc. to sample the air; then move the TEMP door, and vary the BLOWER SPEED to try and maintain the in car temperature set on the thumbwheel.
The older Caddies had the blower resistors right in the programmers behind the dash, where if you weren't careful where you put your hands back there, you could accidentally touch them and burn your fingers, ask me how I know.. :blam:

In the Cadillacs the programmers failed a lot, stripped gears, burned pc boards and motors...and the power modules failed just as often. No blower fan operation? Pop the hood give the power module a tap, and voila blower started working. Wasn't a great system imho, I'll stick with the C60 manual temp (cable) and blower resistors that last a long time and you set temp and speed to what you want, but that's just me.

It does have a coolness factor though imho if you have a complete donor car, and could transplant it all over to a C60 car, I would love to transplant a little later electronic climate control with the digital temperature readout. Pie in the sky for me in reality...;)

Looks like Caprice or Cadillac mid seventies. Maybe Buick LaSabre, Pontiac Grandville or Bonneville, Oldsmobile 98. Is a guess. It's a basic controller but with the temp wheel on left side probably a higher end car.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor