Not a body man. drip rail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
Option a ..... Small piece of sandpaper. Sand untill all rust is gone. You could also try aircraft remover. Be careful with that stuff. Than repaint.

Option b cut them off and weld the gap. Sand and repaint

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Wire cup on 4" angle grinders, DA it out, epoxy primer allowed to dry overnight, then 3-M self leveling seam sealer then paint. Pretty simple fix, 1hr max per side to prep

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
That hole will continue to leak and rot inside out. I just finished removing my roof skin, both drip rails were shot. Fortunately I kept a spare roof which was in much better shape and am currently swapping out the pieces. I wouldn't recommend that unless you're prepared for a long turnaround time lol, not to mention have another roof. Just sayin'. Not sure what the best thing to fill the hole would be, bondo would prob crack. Maybe something flexible, like a seam sealer. Epoxy under and over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor