Not a g-body, but kinda El Camino nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I do see an occasional Maloo ute for sale, but the prices are on the moon.,
I like the styling of them and they certainly pack 'em with a decent powerplant.

The Caprice ute looks pretty well done, but I don't like the roof line. Compared to the pic that Darin posted, the roof line is in better proportion.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
For how long though? Was my point

Trucks will be the last to go. Honestly, as strange as this may sound, I think the main reason the Camaro and Mustang still have a V-8 is because of the Challenger and its “muscle” image. Dealers want to be able to say “We have a V-8 too.” As soon as the Challenger drops it, I expect the Mustang and Camaro will follow suit shortly thereafter, if not before.

Nov 4, 2012
I think they would've sold a lot better globally if they weren't called a "Maloo". That's right up there with "Probe".

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
While I think the roofline cuts off too fast I think one thing that might help it's current look would be aero side mirrors mounted in the front corners of the doors.
It might create the illusion that the door is longer.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Trucks will be the last to go. Honestly, as strange as this may sound, I think the main reason the Camaro and Mustang still have a V-8 is because of the Challenger and its “muscle” image. Dealers want to be able to say “We have a V-8 too.” As soon as the Challenger drops it, I expect the Mustang and Camaro will follow suit shortly thereafter, if not before.
To me I see the writing on the wall when they started putting 4 cyl. turbos in Camaros and light trucks. It will probably be diesels and 4 cyl. turbos for trucks and 4 cyl. turbo pony cars .

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
back in 91 when they started that body, I didn't like them....until I saw a wagon cut down into one (prototype) , done by none other than the general himself. fell in love with them after that, even owned 2 9c1 police package cars.
View attachment 101862
This SS version looks to have stretched doors. Look at how much shorter the lower 1/4 panel section is compared to the white one. I've seen them and even 2dr. Impala SSs in magazines where they described how they lengthened the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor