Not gettin any fuel Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
So for the last two weekends ive been trying to get my car running, after letting it sit for a month. I just broke in the new cam and it was getting gas fine and went through the break in. I have a new holley carb new holley fuel pump, first thing i did was change the fuel filter and i thought that ws it because when i moved the throttle on the carb i could hear it trying to spit gas, but cranked it over and still no gas. I tried to run water thru the filter i just took off and it was pretty blocked up, so i ccut it open and it was pretty dirty.

So then i thought it was the fuel pump so took it off blew out the lines, they were clear. I could still feel suction from the fuel pump when i pumped it by hand but went and replaced it with a new one anyways, now i just put the new fuel pump on and :blam: still no gas!!!. the car starts right up when i put gas in the fuel bowls, i put in a clear fuel filter and I'm not getting anything im at a loss. I have the gas cap on and the charcoal canister line disconnected to vent. i also just got m y exhaust done so i dont know if those f**ckers did anything. I want to get this thing idling today. please help!

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
richp85elco said:
So for the last two weekends ive been trying to get my car running, after letting it sit for a month. I just broke in the new cam and it was getting gas fine and went through the break in. I have a new holley carb new holley fuel pump, first thing i did was change the fuel filter and i thought that ws it because when i moved the throttle on the carb i could hear it trying to spit gas, but cranked it over and still no gas. I tried to run water thru the filter i just took off and it was pretty blocked up, so i ccut it open and it was pretty dirty.

So then i thought it was the fuel pump so took it off blew out the lines, they were clear. I could still feel suction from the fuel pump when i pumped it by hand but went and replaced it with a new one anyways, now i just put the new fuel pump on and :blam: still no gas!!!. the car starts right up when i put gas in the fuel bowls, i put in a clear fuel filter and I'm not getting anything im at a loss. I have the gas cap on and the charcoal canister line disconnected to vent. i also just got m y exhaust done so i dont know if those f**ckers did anything. I want to get this thing idling today. please help!
IS THERE gas in the gas tank? lol

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
No cracks rubber hoses? then I would start to look at the filter sock/screen in the tank. Sounds like that is plugged..

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Take a rubber hose and run it from a gas can to the fuel pump, see if it runs. That will tell you if it is something in the fuel lines or the gas tank.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
alright just checked out all the fuel lines and the rubber hose going to the pickup to the hard fuel line is all f*cked up, I think its just letting the pump suck air and therefore no gas. I can reach it without dropping the tank but its tight. Could i disconnect the straps on the pass side of the tank and let it hang a little supported by a jack? or will gas spill out, i just need about an inch or two to get some pliers to get the hose clamp off and repllace that hose.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I would drain the tank, then remove it and clean the tank of any rust and garbage..who knows what you may suck up later..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor