Now that pesky oil switch is fixed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boberoberson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2013
Im test driving my 88 4.3 v6 and i can rev the engine in park and its repsonsive and pretty much normal but when i put it into drive or reverse i feel like she's struggling a bit. if i stomp on the gas(for testing purposes) she almost shuts off and makes a sqeak noise(i think its the belt). some one suggested i go get the timing checked out...any thoughts?

My guess is a belt too, how many miles on her? Those timing chains do stretch over time and will loose a lil performance from it retarding the timing. Plus everybody else tinkering. Also bad plugs, wires, cap rotor button, coil and all. Just a suggestion. Need a bit more info. What do you mean by oil switch fixed?

well i had the engine rebuilt by a machine shop suggested by my mechanic and same with the trans, i installed them myself. The car just passed inspection, the oil pressure switch...which the fittings i put on there is leaking...and sadly they started leaking again so i have to fix it again...this is my first rebuild and i know i made quite a few mistakes but im learning still >.< my mechanics are good, but they are grumpy old men so i really try to save taking the car to them if unless i have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor