Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal8601

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
FL
BREAKING NEWS [REG]
THE AUTO INDUSTRY BAILOUT
Obama may announce Chrysler bankruptcy Thursday, Bloomberg reports Barack Obama is planning to announce Thursday morning that Chrysler LLC will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as it completes an alliance with Fiat S.p.A., Bloomberg News reported, citing people familiar with the matter. 11:00 am U.S. ET | April 29 |

http://www.autonews.com/

:cry:

This sucks, but I'm still going to get my Challenger R/T next week. Maybe now I can get a better deal on it.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
That's just funny cause now mopars are gonna be worth even more money. Just bought my 1971 plymouth roadrunner a couple months back. Glad I did lol.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So Fiat will get Chrysler after the bankruptcy.....so that means Fiat acquires Chrylsler for nuttin......interesting..

CaStylin

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2009
Houston, Tx
If i wasn’t a GM guy then i would go buy a ram (nice trucks) in hopes that there is a price drop during the reconstruction.

An also I hope fiat doesn’t scrap the EV designs/program... I think it will make them viable again in the future

For those who do not know about Chryslers EV cars
https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innovati ... /overview/

CaStylin

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
For those who don't know, John Elkann, Vice Chairman of Fiat S.p.A. was an attendee last year at Bilderberg.

For those who don't know what Bilderberg is... google it!

The whole deal is another nail in the coffin for America as the elite globalist have their way with the destruction of our country.

:soapbox:

CaStylin

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2009
Houston, Tx
Tony_SS said:
For those who don't know, John Elkann, Vice Chairman of Fiat S.p.A. was an attendee last year at Bilderberg.

To be fair so was the Texas governor was also (or was that in 07 :?... really i dont remember), and in the recent past officials from BP and Halliburton have been seen... but i guess Halliburton can’t be really consider a US company since they officially moved there head quarters and most if its labor forces from Houston to the middle east

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Tony_SS said:

The whole deal is another nail in the coffin for America as the elite globalist have their way with the destruction of our country.

:soapbox:

That's interesting to know....wonder where this is leading to and I wonder why Obama is insistent that Chrysler be basically handed over to Fiat. With all the scandals on the go about Democrats kinda make me wonder if this isn't a deposit by Obama for something down the road.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, it's just more proof that we are heading towards fascism. Now the president is making decisions for the private corporations, and forcing mergers? I know fascism when I see it, and this smacks of it. The globalists are now going to get their way as Obama finally pushes us over the edge and into super-nationalism. As bad as Bush was for this sort of thing, he was nothing compared to the teleprompter king.

Then again, at least I might have a chance to buy the new Fiat 500 Abarth now...

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
CaStylin said:
Tony_SS said:

To be fair so was the Texas governor was also (or was that in 07 :?... really i dont remember), and in the recent past officials from BP and Halliburton have been seen... but i guess Halliburton can’t be really consider a US company since they officially moved there head quarters and most if its labor forces from Houston to the middle east

So what's your point? It's a big wig club with worldwide members from all walks. There's 100's of attendees every year. And the TX governor can go suck eggs with his fake patriot talk. Side issue though.

That's interesting to know....wonder where this is leading to and I wonder why Obama is insistent that Chrysler be basically handed over to Fiat. With all the scandals on the go about Democrats kinda make me wonder if this isn't a deposit by Obama for something down the road.

We can only speculate but the whole thing stinks... All I know is that is seems like every major American company is a threat for a hostile (or passive) takeover into the hands of a globalist entity.

Ford was the only one with the position and sense to NOT take any bailout money and they'll (hopefully) be left standing as the other 2 are now under the control of the Feds/Banks.

CaStylin

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2009
Houston, Tx
Tony_SS said:
CaStylin said:
Tony_SS said:

To be fair so was the Texas governor was also (or was that in 07 :?... really i don’t remember), and in the recent past officials from BP and Halliburton have been seen... but i guess Halliburton can’t be really consider a US company since they officially moved there head quarters and most if its labor forces from Houston to the middle east
So what's your point? It's a big wig club with worldwide members from all walks. There's 100's of attendees every year. And the TX governor can go suck eggs with his fake patriot talk. Side issue though.
I think you hit it right nail on the head of the point was trying to make... attendance does not mean very much, so the fact fiat attended did not give Fiat the upper hand in the buying of the fallen company.

Just like in the failing of any corporation, company or business at any point in history, the auto industry (Chrysler in this situation) is in hands of the highest bidder (which happens to be fait at this moment) because of its own inability to maintain a profit margin. And as normal in a capitalistic market the remains are scooped up dirt cheap, if there was another American industry/company that was stable enough to pick up the remains of Chrysler and belived they could make a profit then I’m pretty sure an agreement with them would have been in place instead of the file for bankruptcy... the reality is there isn’t, and the companie is at the mercy of whom every wants them (kind of like the last kid picked for a school yard baseball game). To Chrysler one of three things has to happen... We sink money into them with terms and conditions of a restructure, they sink money into them and with terms and conditions of a restructure, or they wait out the fall of the company buy them outright and do their own restucture...

We are in a capitalist world filled with global companies that have more capital wealth then some smaller nations, moving labor forces around to cut the labor cost and increase profit margins. These companies (including those based or formally based in the USA) no longer care for the good of its nation but the raise in its profits

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor