Obsession over your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Yes. I'm obsessed. Sickly obsessed and embarrassingly OCD about mine, and Gbodies in general. It's like nothing else matters.

Sick
Obsessed
OCD
embarrassed

I even wipe the bottom of the NEW (they must be farily new) shoes that ppl wear before they get in. :oops:

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
GP403 said:
supkylesup said:
If you need help then I need help.
I find myself thinking about my car during sex which somehow grammatically reduces stamina. :wtf:
Btw I'm completely joking about that last statement. :rofl:

Gbodys shouldn't be classified as cars they should be classified as obessesive works of art.

inconceivable.jpg

:rofl: couldn't help myself on that one, WTF are you doing constructing sentences at a time like that? :rofl:

BEST.MOVIE.EVER!

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
v2vera said:
supkylesup said:
It's ok we all have our urges it's about controlling them.
I promise there is help out there. It all starts with admitting you have a problem along with buying a hyundia.

hyundia lol who really has one on this forum..I keep my cars old school even if there rust buckets like my 64 stepside lol nothing some black primer doesnt make look bad *ss haha (kuruption has seen my rattle can skills lol)...i have will never own a hyndia lol

i do for my dd:

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

79cutlass031.jpg

0-60 in 6 sec flat. top speed 260 km/h will smoke any stock gbody (not inculding gn and t-type). that being said i will ALWAYS choose my cutlass over the hyundai.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Ok, I guess I`m sick. Not only do I slightly obsess with my Lemans, (it`s the only car I EVER wash and wax, I don`t even do my wife`s, she can wash hers herself!) I have to admit, I also have a hyunda :oops: :oops:

But in my defense, I must add that it`s a real piece of crap that serves as my winter beater and substitute pick-up truck (engine blocks and trannys fit nicely in the hatch). It get`s no niceties, just oil and gas. 2weeks ago my boss commented on the fact that the one non-dented sheet-metal on the car was the front right fender. I kicked it so it would match.

Am i forgiven??? :cry:
Dean

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
You think you guys are bad? You should see me! I dont have a gbody, so I have to obsess over my friends car! Thats why its in my signature and its even my desktop background. I dont care what anyone says though, that car is ****ing amazing and I love it!!!

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
deanlemans81 said:
Ok, I guess I`m sick. Not only do I slightly obsess with my Lemans, (it`s the only car I EVER wash and wax, I don`t even do my wife`s, she can wash hers herself!) I have to admit, I also have a hyunda :oops: :oops:

But in my defense, I must add that it`s a real piece of crap that serves as my winter beater and substitute pick-up truck (engine blocks and trannys fit nicely in the hatch). It get`s no niceties, just oil and gas. 2weeks ago my boss commented on the fact that the one non-dented sheet-metal on the car was the front right fender. I kicked it so it would match.

Am i forgiven??? :cry:
Dean

images

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
Most definitely. I love my DD, a 300M Special, but my Cutlass is just so awesome to drive. I take the long way home, go out of my way just to drive it. I love it. Someone asks if I want to sell it almost every day...lol.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
I've been in this hobby for over 35 years and my G body is my latest obsession.

The symptoms we experience (inability to think of anything else, total dedication of time/energy/money) is typical of people like us; those who suffer from OCS ("old car sickness":).

I've been down the "concours restoration" route; I recently built and sold a National award-winning car that I couldn't bring myself to drive!!!
I find a lot more fun and enjoyment in a lower budget car that I can enjoy driving.

Some of the best things about G bodies are the relatively inexpensive acquisition costs and widely available (and cheap) parts.
Performance stuff is readily available, if that's what you're into.

Enjoy your car, do what you want with it (it's YOUR car) and move on when you lose interest...it's all good!

86 maroon gp 2+2

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2010
Oxford, MI
dream on mcss said:
You think you guys are bad? You should see me! I dont have a gbody, so I have to obsess over my friends car! Thats why its in my signature and its even my desktop background. I dont care what anyone says though, that car is ****ing amazing and I love it!!!
haha thanks josh!

I definitely have an obsession over my car. I have the urge to talk about it constantly even when I'm visiting with my dad :O anyways I also think thats why my gf broke up with me, I'd get home she would text me and I would maybe reply only a few times and then start working on for like 6 hours then I'd text her back and she would be a mess :( not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor