Oddball t top cutlass rarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Years ago when I was working on my t top 81 Calais I came across a car in the jy a was always curious as to the rarity of it. Was either an 83 or 84 (84 I believe) cutlass supreme brougham with t tops. Bench seats, chrome 14" rallyes, 307, rallye gauge cluster with no tach, and a 442 style steering wheel. Was that a rare ish optioned car? BTW the car has long since been crushed

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
In the area I found it and the fit and finish on everything along with the wear on the car I kinda doubt that. At the time you were lucky to get $1500 for any g body in good condition. Actually had the chance to buy an 86 gn with a bad motor but mint otherwise for $300 around the same time

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Years ago when I was working on my t top 81 Calais I came across a car in the jy a was always curious as to the rarity of it. Was either an 83 or 84 (84 I believe) cutlass supreme brougham with t tops. Bench seats, chrome 14" rallyes, 307, rallye gauge cluster with no tach, and a 442 style steering wheel. Was that a rare ish optioned car? BTW the car has long since been crushed

A little on the unusual side, but not particularly rare. I've seen many a cutty brougham or regal limited with ttops, particularly in the early 80s cars. The 307 is actually the more popular choice in broughams, or so it always seemed to me. You don't see as many bench/column rallye guages, but they are out there. I've seen a couple cars optioned out that that to the letter, but then again, I've been around an unusually high number of them through the years as well...

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I've actually seen quite a few bench seat column shift rallye gauge broughams....just never with t tops and chrome rallyes. Also the car had no vinyl top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor