Oil filter options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
First off I am being lazy and not figuring this out on my own, due to my oil pan and headers my stock sized oil filter wont clear to get it out without loosening header, My thought was to install a skinnier filter like what fits the older 4x4 chevy trucks that had the 90 degree adapter, but Im not sure if it will fit properly, I thought of remote filter kit but dont want the clutter, any ideas?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a remote dual filter set up on both my Monte and Regal, they are both mounted on the core support for easy access.
The only thing you can see are a pair of braided lines going to the front.
2 filters increasing oil capacity and being able to easily change them on a hot engine are a bonus to me, not sure what the clutter would be.
There are cheaper versions but I only use this block adapter on any Chevy engine I do.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I had issues too with the kickout on my Moroso pan and 2 inch headers,there was no way the oil filter would come out of there.
I installed a remote oil filter,single model,mounted behind the drivers side headlight.
I dont consider it to be "cluttered" as the lines are mostly out of sight.
Now it's much easier to change the filter.
IMG_1041.JPG

Guy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Here you can see my Regal's 355 SBC oil lines going under the power steering pump to the core support and on my Monte with the BBC you can barely see them.

IMG_20200720_132819802 (1).jpg
IMG_20200816_193103387 (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor