oil pressure sensor (new parts)

L05edSS

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2022
in 21' had to have my 305 replaced due to a blown head gasket caught too late during lock downs. new engine is near 3k miles and had a new oil pressure sensor put in as just found out (wanted to know if was 86' oem or newish), it didn't last or lasted only about 3k miles before it blew. lost 3Qts of oil trying to get to a gas station after seeing smoke all over the place at a stop sign. been seeing a ton of various "new parts" going bad in a short period of time from others so this can be added to that list. never would have thought.

Had two oil pressure switches go bad, one exploded, one stopped passing current, in 2 years. Ridiculous.

Reactions: L05edSS
Had two oil pressure switches go bad, one exploded, one stopped passing current, in 2 years. Ridiculous.
i'm considering getting a spare keeping it in glove box with wrench cuz that'd be a stupid way to lose an engine.

Reactions: MrSony
i'm considering getting a spare keeping it in glove box with wrench cuz that'd be a stupid way to lose an engine.
Or burn the car down. Mine was a james bond smoke show. Good rust proofing tho.

Or burn the car down. Mine was a james bond smoke show. Good rust proofing tho.
no, i had just got it out of the shop after coilovers, all new control arms & lowered. too much into it to burn the car with 1st drive disaster and flat bedded away. lol

Reactions: MrSony
Brand of said failed items? So people are aware.

Again, they don't make them like they used to. Quality of auto parts started hitting the bottom of the shi*ter several years ago and now it seems it's full swing.
Mine we're both standard ignition. Oreilly house brand stuff. #PS129 specifically.

Try Eclin from NAPA a little pricier but not $399.

I haven't had issues with OPs.

Multiple issues with HEI modules.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-19-14-08-11-996.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-19-14-08-11-996.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor