oil pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you have 10psi for every 1000 rpm your engine will be just fine.

Randy

thanks for the help guys.. ive done a little bit of tweaking and oil press. at idle bumped up a little bit and my cruise pressure is about right. and again, thanks

skife said:
when your going to get your timing chain cover gasket, make sure you get an oil pan gasket too, you need to drop the oil pan to get to the timing cover.

You "should" drop the oil pan, but you don't have to on the SBC. If you aren't sure how to change the timing cover gasket without dropping the pan just let us know. I'm sure there are a number of us here that have mastered this art. ;-)

Nah, you don't need to repalce the oil pan gasket; just loosen the bolts enough to remove the timing cover and use silicone sealant to reseal it. I've done it many many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor