Oil pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
It supposedly flows more than the GM pump, but is not high volume which I've been told can starve the bottom end and ruin bearings!!!
Whomever told you this needs to go eat more crayons. SBC Engines will get starved from sucking it out of the pan in high RPM with a HV pump, it doesn't drain back fast enough. LS Engines don't. They love oil volume. I've been running HV pumps for years in engines that turned 7300+, never any oil issues.

And your statement makes no sense..how can a high volume pump, that flows MORE through the Engine, starve the last components that get fed by the oiling system? That's not how pump cavitation works. ;)

Zspoiler

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2018
I have had good luck with Melling high volume oil pumps on my engine builds.

Reactions: 1 user

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
I replaced my oil pump with a Melling hv when I did my swap. I'm a believer in more oil pressure no matter the engine. Cold starts I am at 80# and an HR later in 95 degree heat it's still running 60+. Money well spent in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor