Old bridge township raceway park swap meet April 29 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
How about ;).... a new set of Lightning Rods for 4sp w/ cable, brackets, top plate and 'Whiskers'..:notworthy:
The only 4 speed I have now is an m-21
IMG_20140526_105020.jpg
my other cars have 3 speeds

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Yard sale started today. I'm going tomorrow hopefully I find more than broken toasters
I was there today and found nothing. Very little G body parts but plenty of household junk. Lots of tool vendors selling the same kind of stuff you can buy at harbor freight. Lots of bicycles and parts. My opinion is don't waste your time.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I was there today and found nothing. Very little G body parts but plenty of household junk. Lots of tool vendors selling the same kind of stuff you can buy at harbor freight. Lots of bicycles and parts. My opinion is don't waste your time.
Unfortunately I'm meeting a guy there to get my manifolds. At least I'll spend some time with my brother and my daughter

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Same thing here in Texas at Pate, today. Walked for at least 10 miles and saw mostly "maybe someone will buy this broken crap I took off my car"... but someone in the market for a $800-$5000 project car (I'm not) should go to the Pate swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway in April on Friday morning. I would have been happy paying full asking price for at least 10 of the cars I saw and would have made offers on another 20. the '60's/70's pickups seemed especially a good deal. There were 60's pickups with original paint beds that looked like they only hauled pillows... for $2400.

You'd need a "windshield guy" however. Nearly every windshield on nearly every project car under $2000 was either completely shot out, or had bullet holes. It was weird. I was like when the value dropped below a certain number, people were free to open fire on it.

For G-bodies there were multiple SS monte's and at least 10 El caminos, but there was also a nice nearly all original '84 HO with lightning rods and a very nicely modded '86 T-type.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Same thing here in Texas at Pate, today. Walked for at least 10 miles and saw mostly "maybe someone will buy this broken crap I took off my car"... but someone in the market for a $800-$5000 project car (I'm not) should go to the Pate swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway in April on Friday morning. I would have been happy paying full asking price for at least 10 of the cars I saw and would have made offers on another 20. the '60's/70's pickups seemed especially a good deal. There were 60's pickups with original paint beds that looked like they only hauled pillows... for $2400.

You'd need a "windshield guy" however. Nearly every windshield on nearly every project car under $2000 was either completely shot out, or had bullet holes. It was weird. I was like when the value dropped below a certain number, people were free to open fire on it.

For G-bodies there were multiple SS monte's and at least 10 El caminos, but there was also a nice nearly all original '84 HO with lightning rods and a very nicely modded '86 T-type.
Unfortunately we don't have that stuff up here anymore even the G-bodys are pritty rotten up here if you can find one. My 07 Duramax needs 2 rockers. When I bought my 80 crew cab I went 2 hours south to get a basket case and it needs a rocker all the old stuff is gone or not repairable and or insanely priced my 87 Cutlass needs 2 doors

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
I haven't been to the E-town swap meet for 10 years, before that and going way back it was a ritual for my old man,me and some buddies, to go every year. I too remember pulling my son around in a wagon,when he was a kid, and He just turned 30!! ugh Im gettin old.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I haven't been to the E-town swap meet for 10 years, before that and going way back it was a ritual for my old man,me and some buddies, to go every year. I too remember pulling my son around in a wagon,when he was a kid, and He just turned 30!! ugh Im gettin old.
Lol I here you my little one is 10 now. At least you remember the swap meet when it was good

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I wet to the yard sale and among the the garbage I scored a few things besides the manifolds I went for. I picked up an 86 442 air cleaner a set of tow mirrors for my crew cab but I think my score of the day was 2 s-10 stick shift tilt steering columns for $20 and 1 has the steering wheel I want for my crew cab now I can finally make a tilt stick column for my 87 Cutlass. I did see something I have never seen before there was a 83 Hurst Olds on the show with a light tan or off wight interior very nice car there's a couple of G-bodys in the car corral a black Monte SS looked strate and solid but I didn't look under it and a black Cutlass that looks very nice I didn't have time to look them over or get prices I think the Monte was $2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor