Old stuff is new again. EVEN MORE found treasures. Updated 4/10/23

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Found another one! Another NOS A/C compressor that is.

This time it is a 1131198. Built 02/16/85, first shift. Used up through mid-86 on Y/9 Olds engines. This is a LONG shaft where the 622 is considered short shaft.

1131198 NOS AC Compressor 1.JPG

1131198 NOS AC Compressor 2.JPG

1131198 NOS AC Compressor 3.JPG

1131198 NOS AC Compressor 5.JPG

1131198 NOS AC Compressor 6.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I just noticed that speedometer head is a defective/returned unit. It shows almost half a mile of driving time, not a true 00000.0 of NOS. The zeroes may also be a lightly off line at a slant.

You can go ahead and mail it to me for disposal.
A since-passed friend of mine had a ladyfriend (also since-passed, within 5 days of each other) that could not get through her head that she could not buy a new Toyota Avalon with "0" miles. We tried many times to explain to her that the odometers were tested upon assembly and the cars may have been run a short distance coming off the line/transport truck. Nope, she wanted a car with no miles or portion thereof on it.

She finally consented to buy one with under a mile on it, but she wasn't happy about it.

You can't fix crazy

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And...........wtf. Where do I put this stuff? It's like getting new old parts.

I saw an almost unicorn NOS 84 H/O bullnose emblem on the bay recently, so I bid what I thought it was worth to me and actually was able to take it home (read "not dirt cheap"). So I was going to put it in the back of my "interesting small parts" stash in the back of one of my office drawers and what is this? A small box marked "H/O emblems" was already back there. Thought it was plastic exterior emblems for the 69-75 style versions. Oof, that box was heavier than it looked. Well, fugg. I open it up and find two 84 bullnose emblems. One is used, but very presentable and the other is NOS. Also an NOS 84 dash emblem, and a set of 83 dash and bullnose emblems. Plus an NOS 84 Special Edition emblem. All were unaccounted for. This is the only 83 nose emblem I've ever seen that came with an actual box. Most of the Hurst parts you bought at the dealerships came in baggies with pick tags and that's about it.

They don't make them like they used to. These emblems are HEAVY. Heavier than they look for sure.

The two bookend emblems are NOS, with the latest acquisition on the right. The used one is in the center. IIRC, I've sold off at least about a half-dozen of these emblems over the years. I kept the 83 set in case I ever ended up buying an 83. The special edition emblem is just plain cool looking. I have no idea what I'll end up doing with it.
HO bullnose and dash emblems.JPG

83 HO dash and nose emblems.JPG

84 HO nose badges and dash badge.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor