Olds 350 build question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Im about to build a '75 olds 350 and I have a quick question. How important is it to replace my rod bolts? It isn't a race motor or anything like that. It is going to be my daily driver in my cutlass. I had the block bored .030 over and have a comp cam, edelbrock intake, and headers... but other than that it is basically a stock motor. So would it be safe to reuse my old rod bolts? Or should I replace them?

Without a doubt…REPLACE!! Bolts (of any kind) stretch every time you tighten them. As with anything, its always the cheap things that aren't replaced that "Murphy" will find. Those are really not expensive and if they fail you're screwed. Deffinitely get new one. I think they are more important than some people may give them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor