Olds 350 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBCCARGUY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2008
Iowa
350 olds

Can I ask the norm??? what do you actually plan on doing with the olds 350? I ask because the friend you say said they rap slower I have to disagree with..... Not dissing your friend but I raced 350 olds for years.... now if you are looking for a good solid 13 sec car but can go on the interstate without a lot of rpm Then a good start would be .030 over with performer rpm man. and a comp cam around 500 lift 224 at .050 duration balance the assembly and try to find a good head for the 350 like #5 or 7 but not with the letter a port polish put the bigger valves in and a 3.42 gear and you should be in the ball park of 12.68 to 13.30 depending on car of course I used a 4777 dp from holley. The headders I used was from headman and get the bigger tube and I think it would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor