Olds fuel pump to carb fuel line. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Would a fuel line from a 455 with a Quadrajet be the same line as the one for the 307/350 motors? I found this one on eBay, but they have it listed for the 455. From the picture it looks like it would work. Just wanted to double check before I bought it.
I actually bought one from inlinetube.com a year or so ago. It wasn't exactly the perfect fit. I had to do some bending to make it hook up right. This line on eBay looks to be a lot closer. But anyway, I just want to know if they use the same fuel line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-CUTLASS-44 ... 4cf68de356

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
It doesnt look like it belongs to a quadrajet. That looks like a fuel line for a holley. From what It looks, there should be way more bends in it and looks like it belongs on a holley with the fuel inlet being on the driver side.

I'm sure someone will chime in, but it doesnt look right to me. But for $24, it doesnt seem all too bad to try it.

What exactly was wrong with inline tubes?

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Minion1186 said:
It doesnt look like it belongs to a quadrajet. That looks like a fuel line for a holley. From what It looks, there should be way more bends in it and looks like it belongs on a holley with the fuel inlet being on the driver side.

I'm sure someone will chime in, but it doesnt look right to me. But for $24, it doesnt seem all too bad to try it.

What exactly was wrong with inline tubes?

Its a quadrajet fuel line. It just bends slightly to go around the water outlet, and the fuel inlet on an Olds quadrejet is on the front. But I think inlinetube may have sent me the wrong fuel line. But I bent it up a little and made it work. I just wanted to add this line to my growing collection of Oldsmobile parts. Just wanted to know if there was a difference between the 455 fuel lines and the 350/307 fuel lines. Thats all I was asking.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I'm not really sure, I would think there isnt, but Im not sure because Big blocks did have an inch or 2 taller deck height.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Minion1186 said:
I'm not really sure, I would think there isnt, but Im not sure because Big blocks did have an inch or 2 taller deck height.

Yea so I was thinking the big blocks might have a two inch longer fuel line also. I guess I just won't take the chance.

And about the one I ordered from inline tube... I ordered the line part# OCC8107, which is for "1983-87 442/Hurst Olds Pump to Carb Line 307 4bbl 180hp." But apparently I should have ordered Part# OCC8101, for "Pump to Carb Line 307 4bbl 140hp (with A/C)." Thats where I made my mistake with them. But I just got my bender out, and made it work. It looks funny though because I ended up routing it around driver side of the thermostat housing.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Fill this out:

http://inlinetube.com/top%20buttons%20b ... survey.htm

Lots say Inline tube is junk, people have had nothing but problems with them with fitment from what Ive heard, they'll also sick their lawyers on you for saying someting doesnt fit...
There should only be one pump to carb line for all 64-90 small block Olds...
Id like to know what the difference is... because I have an 87 Salon and an 87 442 in front of me and theyre identical.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
84Hurst/Olds said:
I ordered the line part# OCC8107, which is for "1983-87 442/Hurst Olds Pump to Carb Line 307 4bbl 180hp." But apparently I should have ordered Part# OCC8101, for "Pump to Carb Line 307 4bbl 140hp (with A/C)."

There wasn't any difference in these two fuel lines from the factory, so I'm not sure why Inline b**bs has them listed as being different.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well I'm glad I'm not crazy because my 307 line sure fit my 350 :lol: Thanks guys.

87bucketgta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2010
So does the ebay fuel line work with 83-84 hurst olds, hate to bring this back, but I need a fuel line. Mine has a big crimp coming out of the carb. Thanks in advance

journeyforce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2012
You know I think you can get this part at the dealership still. About 10 years I bought a couple of them for my 1987 Cutlass with the 307 and I remember them being under $20 a piece. It is sad you posted this now. Had you posted this about 3 months ago I would have been able to send you one that i found in my basement left over. But I wound up giving it away.

I took pics of it though before I did so maybe you can use the pics to help you on your quest to find the right one

oldsmobile3072.jpg

Oldsmobile3071.jpg

It is part # 22506485 and it looks like it is still made

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/Old ... 06485.html

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor