Olds Historian at GM to contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
In an odd way, thats good news for me, I didn't want to alter one of the last 1987 442's made, now that I know yours is several thousand later than mine, I can do what I want to it and not worry about it. It will still be all Olds, but the color and engine will most likely be changed.

Mark

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
I am keeping mine all original, no engine swap or cutting the dash up, will be the way it was when it left the factory. I would like to add t-tops but i dont know if it will make the value drop, especially if it is one of the last 442

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I assume that more than Cutlass' were made on the same assembly line. Can anyone confirm this, and does anyone know if the numerical sequence of VIN #'s changes between the different Makes, (Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, & Olds) or do they continue with only the beginning of the VIN change between makes?

Mark

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
I applied at GMmediaarchive.com for what all paperwork they have. I found a couple other 87 442's listed on EBay and other places that have a much higher VIN than mine, Unless GM did continue to produce 442's much later than March 87, maybe they produced them at more than 1 factory, and used a different VIN set of numbers. I will see what I get from the GM archive.

Mark

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Mat1227 said:
I applied at GMmediaarchive.com for what all paperwork they have. I found a couple other 87 442's listed on EBay and other places that have a much higher VIN than mine, Unless GM did continue to produce 442's much later than March 87, maybe they produced them at more than 1 factory, and used a different VIN set of numbers. I will see what I get from the GM archive.

Mark
Pontiac, MI and Arlington, TX
The vins were sequential to the Make/Model so they wouldn't have difference sequences between plants IIRC.
The sequence didn't care if the car was a Supreme, 442, Salon or Brougham either.

More info:
http://www.gbodyolds.com/forum/showthre ... nformation

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
There is a 87 Olds 442 on Copart salvage auction last numbers of vin is 310912 built in Pontaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor