Olds Rookie Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_Rocket

n00b
Jun 4, 2006
Poteau, Oklahoma
Hey guys, recent new owner of my 1st Olds.. 85 442, with 455 and TH400. Got a couple questions for you experts, Ive checked several parts suppliers for body parts for my hotrod, and its sooo hard to find steel hoods for this car. Will an 85 Monty Hood fit my 442? Is there a site or list somewhere that i can see what other car parts will fit my Olds 442? Also, what center consoles will fit in this car? I currently have no console, Just new carpet with a B&M Ratchet shifter stickin out towards my right leg...

And one more... This time doors... lol, The cara does not have the original doors on it, the ones I have are off of another 85, not 442, they are elec windows, and I have yet been able to make them move. Is changing the elec motor worth the time? or Just find different doors and change them out? Thanks in advance!

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
goodmark has steel hoods for the cutlass's not sure how much they run... montes wont fit ... as for the doors i have no idea.. Jegs.com or SummitRacing.com u can get good aftermarket parts for it... u have any pics of it... id like to see it

Jeffxxo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
85_Rocket said:
Hey guys, recent new owner of my 1st Olds.. 85 442, with 455 and TH400. Got a couple questions for you experts, Ive checked several parts suppliers for body parts for my hotrod, and its sooo hard to find steel hoods for this car.

Check ebay for the hood. I just saw one. Its in very nice shape. Red i think.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
And one more... This time doors... lol, The cara does not have the original doors on it, the ones I have are off of another 85, not 442, they are elec windows, and I have yet been able to make them move. Is changing the elec motor worth the time? or Just find different doors and change them out? Th
anks in advance![/quote]

r u sure the motor is bad?, if not , try to test it with a set of test leads directly from a battery, try reversing the polarity of the leads also, to make sure the motor works both ways....if the motor works that way, then check all window switches / connections, alot of times theyre either corroded, or just not connected good, and if the windows still dont work by switch, well.....start tracing the harness for frayed wires/shorts, usually to be found wherever the harness goes through panels.

ALSO...im not calling you an idiot or anything, but did you check the fuse?.....in my past i forgot to check that first, went through all of the above and then,(in the words of Homer Simpson) DOH!!....fuse...
good luck!

Footbrake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2006
Buffalo, New York
windows

Try this first !!! This has happened to almost every cutlass I owned..With the ignition on, hold the window switch down, and at the same time with your other hand,BANG against the inner door panel. If the window moves, it's just a bad ground on the window motor. Just remove the door panel and put a dedicated ground wire from the motor to anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor