OLDS Olds Serpentine systems

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Has anyone had luck with converting from V belts to serpentine in Oldsmobile Gbody? Specifically big block in in Gbody. I was looking at the CVF or March systems but I don't care for the way they look, and not sure how they fit with the steering box or fit under the hood. It looks tall. Then I saw Hutch use the brackets from PacificGbody to use the S10 system.
Any thoughts?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Not on the system(s) you mentioned. Did a serpentine setup from as 92 SBC Truck and installed on a 1987 El Camino with SBC. Only issue was PS Pump pulley would not clear PS Steering box.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
maliburacing.com tech section used to have a How to Covert SBC Serp to BBC but the url takes you to a dead link. Ironically they mysteriously look like these...don't know who copied who then called it their own. https://www.kwikperf.com/k10014.html Gotta download the pdf.

Oh...I should mention I had the BBC truck in the '86 Monte. Some of the ribbing under the hood had to be cut-out to clear the tensioner. Bracket down low by the steering box had to be cut as well and the ps pulley sat very close to the pinion adjustment nut on the steering box making contact power shifting the M20. This may/could have been rectified with a smaller ps pulley from a v6 camaro but I never attempted to see how it would line up.

Last edited:

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
The setup looks like typical 454 TBI setup.

On the El Camino I did, I went with smaller diameter 5 rib pulley, OEM for Toyota or Honda or something like that

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, Pacific G Body and Larry Lorton makes brackets for the truck sbc to SB and BB Olds V8's. I am currently using Larry's brackets on a 403. They just cleared the steering box on 88 CSC.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Has anyone had luck with converting from V belts to serpentine in Oldsmobile Gbody? Specifically big block in in Gbody. I was looking at the CVF or March systems but I don't care for the way they look, and not sure how they fit with the steering box or fit under the hood. It looks tall. Then I saw Hutch use the brackets from PacificGbody to use the S10 system.
Any thoughts?
This fellow is a member on here. Reach out to oldsofb

Here is one of his youtube videos on the serpentine installation:

• Useful
Reactions: 6 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Any thoughts?
I'm w/you on the looks of the March & CVF set-ups. Not very attractive for what they cost.

The adapted GM set-up works well. Despite the fact that there was a factory bbc serp set-up, I have the sbc serp set-up adapted to my bbc because of the cleaner/less cumbersome appearance.

Reactions: 1 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks to all. If I can locate the parts from junkyard I'll try the PGB kit. It says to use a reverse flow water pump, what application had that? I searched the GMB 130240 it says to use and can't find it. In his video, Hutch said it might be hard to find.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
When looking for a water pump, you want it to fit a 1982 Cutlass Supreme with the LT6 4.3L Olds 260 V6 diesel engine (VIN code "V")
This guy:
oldsmobile-diesel-v6-engine.jpg

Hutch

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks Hutch. Back in high school I remember a friend had a Cutlass with that engine. I thought it was rare then. Impossible to find one today to rob the serpentine system.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor