Olds steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Can anyone tell me where I can find the adapter I need to use to bolt this steering wheel in my Monte? It has a large open hole in the center with about 8 little bolt holes for the factory mount. I found one in great shape in my dad's garage and he said I can have it since he had trouble with hitting the turn signals with his fingers when turning with it installed in his '68 442. The one in the pic is not his but the exact samething. Will the Grant kit work? Thanks
oldssteeringwheel_zps194f23be.jpg

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
DAMNIT!!!! :shock: that's a niCE find!!! dont know where to find an adapter kit for that wheel,OLDS owners please stand up :rofl: if the grant ones WILL work,pm me and i got you for shipping :wink:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
L.A.X-RATED said:
DAMNIT!!!! :shock: that's a niCE find!!! dont know where to find an adapter kit for that wheel,OLDS owners please stand up :rofl: if the grant ones WILL work,pm me and i got you for shipping :wink:
Which Grant kit do you have? I just priced a 442 adapter on ebay and there like $65+ :shock: Screw that! Im thinking I could get a Grant kit and use my drill press to drill the small holes I need. Its not like your gonna see it anyway except the sides. Im also needing the horn button.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
:bump:

oldelky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2012
Mid Coast CA
COOL you're going to use something your Dad had. Those wheels were not just Olds, I had a few of the Olds wheels. I noticed at swap meets that the Monza and others had a similar version, they would vary in the horn button, but the mount hubs were all the same. Maybe that will help you find one. If you have a local junk yard that is helpful, they could help you with their interchange manual. Good luck !!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
oldelky said:
COOL you're going to use something your Dad had. Those wheels were not just Olds, I had a few of the Olds wheels. I noticed at swap meets that the Monza and others had a similar version, they would vary in the horn button, but the mount hubs were all the same. Maybe that will help you find one. If you have a local junk yard that is helpful, they could help you with their interchange manual. Good luck !!
I actually found a mounting hub for a good price on ebay lastnight so I bought it. Now all I need is the horn button part.

oldelky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2012
Mid Coast CA
The Chevy Monza, (not that corvair Monza), wheel would have a Bowtie emblem in the button. You need to ask what color it is, since they came Red, Blue , Black, Etc. The Olds Sport wheel only came in Black. Did you get the horn contact stuff with the hub?
One thing I remember that was not so good, was those wheels got "sticky" after awhile. I never could figure that out, but I think they all did it. It's a great style though!!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
oldelky said:
The Chevy Monza, (not that corvair Monza), wheel would have a Bowtie emblem in the button. You need to ask what color it is, since they came Red, Blue , Black, Etc. The Olds Sport wheel only came in Black. Did you get the horn contact stuff with the hub?
One thing I remember that was not so good, was those wheels got "sticky" after awhile. I never could figure that out, but I think they all did it. It's a great style though!!
This wheel is from a 70 442 I was told. Yes its black and im missing everything but the wheel itself. I got the mounting hub coming and im trying to find a horn button that will work. When I got the wheel it was sticky but I used some boot polishing compund on it and its fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor