olds v8 exhaust manifold crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Well long story short, the machine shop ruined my original rh exhaust manifold by milling the middle opening too much so after a year of living with that nasty sound I decided to replace it. I found a decent looking one off a 76 350, got it off, had the bolts removed, and took it home to clean it up a bit. That's when I found this :
http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t464/youngblood19891/1984 Cutlass/

Its kinda hard to see the crack, but its on the front bolt ear,and goes through to the port side, about 3/4 of the ear. Would it be feasible to have repaired or use as is, or should i keep looking for a manifold? Im a decent welder but im not guna attempt to weld cast iron.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If someone is good with a mig, should be an easy repair. Those manifolds suck, so spending any decent amount isn't worth it.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
For free? I live in battle creek, michigan. Idk how far away from you that is.

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Cast iron welding is usually done with an oxy-acetylene torch, and takes a lot of skill not to make it worse. I've only seen a few cases of mig welding cast iron, and the surface prep was nearly impossible for this application.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
i think i have one i will look in my scrap barrel im 2 hrs from you and i got a cousin that lives in b.c so i could get it to you if i can find it!

85 B Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2010
Ok, let me know, pics wud be great too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor