jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
The cheap Rock Auto mounts are indeed pathetic. Mine haven't broke, but my Buick 350 shakes like a bowl of jello.
I know your pain well.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Interesting. I need more power so I can wreck motor mounts. My question is, how in the hell did you make a T-5 hold together behind W-31 hp an tq? Another guy with an Olds 350 with ported 307 heads with standard 350 valves and a mild cam had the T-5 fail twice and gave up.
Also, the last T5 I took out was only making gear noise. So, i'm rebuilding that one using stronger parts. I got 400 saved up so far to get a G Force gear set. I may get their beefed up housing too.

Attachments

• 20180222_150653.jpg
    20180222_150653.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I was thinking of going that route many times but because it's still my daily driver I had to pass.
Mine was a daily back then Trans mount was solid to then i put a poly one in after a buddy said your gonna crack the case on the trans

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Mondello makes a motor mount bolt and a cable that does exactly the same thing that you created with pipe but because it's cable you don't get the solid motor mount Buzz through the car.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Mine was a daily back then Trans mount was solid to then i put a poly one in after a buddy said your gonna crack the case on the trans
Yep, Any major failure would make me cry. P.S. I got a poly trans mount in a box waiting for the stock one to fail. Lol

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Yep, Any major failure would make me cry. P.S. I got a poly trans mount in a box waiting for the stock one to fail. Lol

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Mondello makes a motor mount bolt and a cable that does exactly the same thing that you created with pipe but because it's cable you don't get the solid motor mount Buzz through the car.
I remember seeing that in their catalog. Mine won't be buzzing too much because i'm only putting them on the front bolts. One on each side. I'll see how they feel. Pics installed are coming.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Why not just go with a solid motor mount in the driver's side if not both sides? I didn't notice a difference going to Moroso solids from my Energy Suspension poly mounts. And thats a built 496 stroker.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor