Ontario Cancels Emissions testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why I don't get a historic plate....we have the same rules here in Ontario

"unlike standard car registrations, historical plates and registrations do not authorize the driver to operate his or her vehicle for personal routine transportation. Vehicles with vintage car tags in OH can only be used as collector’s items put on displays during exhibitions, parades and other similar educational events or to drive to and from service stations. "
Last check (been sometime) Pa has/had a night restriction due to the older cars original headlights. But here in I do see alot os POS's that should of never been OK'ed for the classic or antique & they are driven more regular than the law says the should.

Those are pretty much universal rules everywhere with Historic or Antique plates. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone that I break the law!

I saw a posting about this once on another forum. One guy posted he had talked to an NJ cop about it. He claimed the cop told him that he really hated seeing people DD historic or qq plated cars, that he considered it a form of insurance fraud driving his and everyone else's rates up. Which he further replied he always finds a reason to pull over any historic plated car running around during work hours on a work week day. Granted it is a second hand story.

Hehe. I'm probably jinxing myself,but it's just cheaper tags. I have insurance. Historic plates are $51 every 2 years vs. $135 for regular. Now that I have it up to snuff, i suppose I'll get regular tags if they gig me. I've saved $400 so far.:mrgreen:

Here in Ontario there was a warning in the media last year they are going to clamp down on the historic plates, they includerd one story about a guy who got stopped in the early morning hours and the cop removed his plates and gave him a ticket for no insurance since he was driving the car for purposes which voids his insurance. The no insurance ticket carries a fine of $5,000. I'm all for getting breaks in the cost of driving but if you get into an accident with someone who has historical plates his/her insurance may decline coverage and then it's a real battle to get compensation.

Here in Ontario there was a warning in the media last year they are going to clamp down on the historic plates, they includerd one story about a guy who got stopped in the early morning hours and the cop removed his plates and gave him a ticket for no insurance since he was driving the car for purposes which voids his insurance. The no insurance ticket carries a fine of $5,000. I'm all for getting breaks in the cost of driving but if you get into an accident with someone who has historical plates his/her insurance may decline coverage and then it's a real battle to get compensation.
So is it a bad idea just to use regular plates on our cars?

Crimmany! The cop might as well busted his taillight with his baton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor