Ontario G Body get-together October 5/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
I wish that somebody would do something like your show out here on the west coast. Its really strange that G body cars are not popular out here at all. Every show i have takin my MCSS to people look at it like its somekind of a freak car. If its not a camaro or a corvette or something from the 30s they dont get it. Not that they dont like it. It gets many compliments but they act as if they've never seen one of these before. They only made thousands of these.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I wish that somebody would do something like your show out here on the west coast. Its really strange that G body cars are not popular out here at all. Every show i have takin my MCSS to people look at it like its somekind of a freak car. If its not a camaro or a corvette or something from the 30s they dont get it. Not that they dont like it. It gets many compliments but they act as if they've never seen one of these before. They only made thousands of these.
Sometimes it depends on your particular area. I would think G-body cars would be popular on the west coast....they were pretty plentiful.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Sometimes it depends on your particular area. I would think G-body cars would be popular on the west coast....they were pretty plentiful.
You would think so. When i bought my MCSS I looked all over the west coat and southwest. Couldnt find anything that was all original. Ended up buying it out of Wisconsin.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lots of them in the south and midwest.
So, you're in Seattle? I keep thinking California. From pics and videos I've seen of car shows in California, there's always an abundance of El Caminos, Montes, Malibus, Cutlasses, you name it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nope. From Oregon. 40 miles outside of that cesspool called Portland. Lots of g bodies that have been modified. Not many that are stock like mine.
Okay...my bad. I guess I wasn't that far off geographically. So, from what it sounds like, your car is pretty unique at the local cars shows and cruise-ins.
From what you're saying, there's other G-bodies, but heavily modified, or customized... nothing in stock form....gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor