OPG Coil Spring Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Moog 4x4 s-10 front coil springs. I apologize but I do not remember the model number. I bought the stronger of the 2 available. I have been driving the car for about two weeks, and I do not regret it at all. The car rides fine, maybe a little stiff, but it really helped the performance, and I really like the stance. It is not in the weeds, and with stock rears I like the rake.

If you do a search on here I know you will find it. That post is how I found this site.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
mguerci said:
Just to clarify, I am basing my thoughts on springs based on the results a number of people have gotten on this forum. For example:

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1378271/07d.jpg
(Tony_SS's 78 Monte)

I am not looking for any specific amount of drop. Just the right appearance with decent handling for the street.

appearance is in the eye of the beholder and if you look at the charts it gives you the spring height under load....you need to do a little calculating and measuring to get what you want. There is no one here that can give you exactly what your looking for so it's time for you to do a bit of work....

mguerci

Apprentice
Aug 30, 2006
Columbia, SC
My concern is not about what springs give me what drop. My question is there a difference in wheel clearance at full travel between regular ball joints and tall upper and lower ball joints for the same springs?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
then you have to measure the travel that you now have and then add the length of the taller ball joints to the equation..

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
pontiacgp said:
this should help you figure it out. I wish I saw this before I bought Eibachs, No complaints but Eibach are alot more $$ than moog

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

so do the springs on the bottom ( s series and f body) fit the g body?

i know the f bodys do, but i was wondering about the s series mostly i guess. thank you

EDIT: wow it is amazing what a little scrolling can find you :oops:

i have scrolled down and found the answer.

redrum77

n00b
Apr 12, 2009
Where do you guys purchase the OPG Springs? I just bought an 85 Cutlass and I want to lowering it on 18" wheels. I would like to do a 3" Front/2" Rear Drop. What kind of shocks would you recommend? Tire Size for 18's. I have been out of the game and any advice would be great!

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
opgi.com

I will say this for the record: Be careful when you get the 3" drop springs up front. They *can* turn out to be too low. They certainly did on my 78 Malibu. However, the 3" drop springs sat the front of my Monte just where I wanted it. Its quite possible that they gave me 2" drop springs instead of 3". Just an FYI for those considering OPG drop springs.

Something else to consider. I am running aftermarket tubular control arms. This could also affect the height at which the spring is perched. So I could in fact be running 3" drop springs.

My advice to those running stock control arms, go with the 2" drop springs up front OR be prepared to shim the 3" drop springs for a slight .5" lift.

41b.jpg

bdb.jpg

Supreme-Kustoms

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 2, 2009
I have a 78 Malibu wagon. Im wanting to lower it a little but not a lot. So i should run the s10 spring up front but what should I put in the rear since that the spring is a bee hive shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor