Opinions on fender trim!

Irishspring46

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2022
I cannot decide if I should leave the original fender trim I have on the car and go for a more classic look or take them off, I love both! Give opinions

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I'm in the same boat with my elco. While, I think the malibu and el camino have the best looking trim option with the flared fenders, they also look great without. Good condition trim is desireable and definitely lends to a complete appearance. I plan on painting my car and crossing the bridge of reinstalling trim or not at that time.

Why not pull it off and see how you like it for a while and if the paint/edges are in good shape? Your car looks good and complete with the center rocker trim as well.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I prefer either the thinner base Malibu moldings or none to the wide Malibu Classic moldings...but that's me

Good looking car!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
I cannot decide if I should leave the original fender trim I have on the car and go for a more classic look or take them off, I love both! Give opinions
fender trim Great looking Malibu. I think the thin trim is about the right touch. Bill

Reactions: 1 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
If your not going to murder it out in any color i'd leave it alone.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I prefer either the narrow trim or none at all. My car originally had the wide trim , which I scrapped soon after acquiring the car. I removed them and the stick-on side trim. I like the clean, smooth look with no trim at all, as in my Avatar.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm not usually a shiney guy, but got to say it looks pretty good the way she sits

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor