Jul 5, 2007
Does any one know where I can buy new outer door handles for my 78 Grand Prix

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
78Prix said:
Does any one know where I can buy new outer door handles for my 78 Grand Prix
I think I have seen them on ebay before.

78Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2007
Does anyone know if the driver and passenger side use the same door handle? I found a place that sells new ones but it doesnt say one side or the other.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
I believe they are side specific. IIRC, the difference is the location of the tab for the connecting rod that unlatches the door.

Keep in mind that all g-bodies used thae same design from 78-88. Check out ebay and type in different g-body models (regal, cutlass, etc.). Te ones I purchased were repros for an El Camino, and they are identical to a set from a 442.

casperss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2007
dixiemontecarlodepot.com mas these handles and other parts about as cheap as anyone that i have delt with.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Advance Auto Parts used to have them in their Help! section, but they don't stock them anymore. However, they may still be offered by that company, so you may wish to check the parts store and see if they can order them. Napa may also carry them as they tend to have a lot of the little stuff no one else carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor