P/S Pressure O Ring Installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
How is the oring installed? Does it sit on the flange of the hose? Does it sit in the fitting in the pump? I've had a persistent leak coming from this area (even after I've resealed the pump, the reservoir o ring is NOT leaking) and I also don't think I have the right size o ring. Any info is appreciated as always.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Having worked for a local aftermarket brake and fuel line company (Bent on deception...Sorry, I meant "Bent on Perfection") The O-Ring is installed on the flange of the tube of male fitting (Red Arrow).
I had made thousands like the photo below for a well known and respected steering parts manufacturer. The O-Rings we supplied were about the same OD as the flange they seated against and fit snug over tube.
Most important is never install them dry.
Hope this helps.
edd-39106_uy (2).jpg

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor