Paint chip :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Got a battle-scar from the parking lot. Came back to a nice little chip in the paint behind the drivers door :x at least there is no dent.

Is it possible to fix this so it isn't noticeable? It really kills me to see it every time I get in or out of the car. Any tips are helpful. I'll have to get some paint from the guy who painted the car.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
whoops, the size of the chip is quite a bit smaller than the average pinky-finger nail.

n8dogg

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada
just touch up the chip with the paint the guy gave you. just use a small brush, like the size on nail polish.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I had a friend whose dad cosigned for his first new truck a while back. They went to pick it up together and his dad kicked the sh*t outa the door panel with steel toes. It made a good sized dent and my friend was pissed about it for months, didn't have any money or skills to fix it.

Then he gets in his first wreck about a year later. He doesn't bother fixing it as it was just a fender bender and he already had a huge dent in his door. He just pocketed the insurance money and went on his way

But that's just a story I wanted to share... just touch up the paint and you're fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor