Parking Brake Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Does anyone know who sells Parking brake Cables? I am switching to a manual trans, so I would like to ensure the e-brake is usable. My Rear Brake kit comes with new cables from the rear end, but I would like to replace the cable that runs from the Pedal to the back of the car. I tried 2 local discount auto parts stores last night and they said they can't get it. I will try a real parts store next week. I am wondering if there is a universal GM kit I could use.

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
hey that universal gm parking brake kit is a 24" length of 4x4 fence post

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
Napa has them. I just got a set last week.

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
80ECLT said:
Napa has them. I just got a set last week.
Yes they do. And they install a lot easier than a universal kit. Kits aren't always worth the savings. This time it definitely holds true.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Thanks, I ended up finding a good parts store that ordered it for me. It is slightly longer from the frame mount up to the pedal, but I think it should work ok.

Did you replace the little Clip/bracket thing that contects the front cable to the rear cables? If so where did you find it? Mine is pretty well rusted together. I am guessing I can make something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor