parting out regal, need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

84regalltd

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
Marietta, Ga
Well my family and I have hit hard times and there is no room for a project car in budget. So my regal has gotta go. It is an 84 ltd in ok shape. I'm going to keep the chevy 350 that is in it to work on for another car later on. Has th 350 transmission, all body parts are there. Interior is all there but the driver seat is from an 84 cutlass in same color. It is the split bench front. I have installed kyb shocks up front, f41 front springs. steering column is complete, never been stolen. I can ship light weight parts, but not sure how to ship bumpers. They are in good shape, I have 2 sets of headlight bezels. I'm thinking in order to avoid having strangers roaming around my neighbor hood I should pull the parts myself and deliver to local area. I'm in marietta, GA.
Does this sound feasible or should I just pull the motor and sell car whole minus motor? Should I just let the whole thing go? Reason is I just don't wanna lose my whole *ss on it.
Thank in advance!

Ask yourself if it's worth your time to take the car apart and run back and forth to ship things. What do you think you can get out of the whole car versus parting it? Is there much demand in your area or will you fare better selling to people on the forum? And finally, how much of a hurry are you in to make some cash?

I only part cars when there's a few hot items that I can flip in a hurry (like certain rear ends, clusters with gauges, buckets, consoles, Cutlass euro clips, SS nose, nice doors, spoilers, wheels, F41 parts, etc).

well i'm hoping to get about $700 total for the car minus the motor, trans. It is an ac car and has all associated stuff for it. The wheels are from a monte. They are the stamped wheels, but not the rally style. Like the ones from mid 80's s-10's, are 15".

Always try to sell the car as a complete roller first. At least that way there is the potential to keep a decent car out of the bone yard...

If after a while you can't sell it, then you have to either lower your price, or if you think there's enough worth pulling, you can start parting it out.

I hate seeing people part perfectly good cars because they're too lazy to find a buyer for the whole thing.
It's a heck of a lot less work to just sell the whole car than to cannibalize it and run around selling just a few pieces and wasting the rest...

Very well Blake, I'll give it 2 wks for sale sans motor/trans. I figure between the header panel, lights, bezels, interior, column , other stuff I should be able to get decent $$ as last resort. It just seems most folks looking for g bodies prefer cutlass's, monte's.

more people have cutt and montes because they are more abundant. regals in my opinion are more desirable and the gn guys pay top dollar for parts. sell it as a roller, if it isnt a beater it will sell fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor