Parts Identification List in Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Does anyone know where I can decode it? Sticker in the trunk on driver side with all the 3-digit letter and number codes?

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
And don't be surprised if it shows options that your car does not have or lets out one it does . These stickers can be way off at times must been close to quitting time LOL

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
A question I have though: Where are the codes found on the earlier cars? My '78 does not have an RPO sticker under the deck lid.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
supercrackerbox said:
A question I have though: Where are the codes found on the earlier cars? My '78 does not have an RPO sticker under the deck lid.

The RPO labels under the trunk lid first appeared in 1984, so your car won't have one.

You'll either have to get lucky and find an intact build sheet in the car, or you may be able to contact GM Historical Services and get a copy from them. I know you can get them for an Olds, but not sure about a Buick...

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Not terribly concerned with my own car actually. It'd be more usefull for going through junkyards. It's easier to look at a code list than crawling in the mud to determine whether a vehicle has posi for example.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know how much you can trust the code label even if you find it....who knows what has been done to a car 20-30 years old and you might be passing up something your looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor