Performance Parts for 85 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
85_Rocket said:
Does anyone know of some good sites/catalogs for suspension/subframe parts and driveline parts for my 1985 442?

Well, first of all you need to lose the F-body mentality - the G-body doesn't have a "subframe", it has a full frame. :lol:

Seriously, there are a large number of vendors selling G-body suspension upgrades. Hotchkis and Global West are probably the two leading vendors. If you want to keep the 307, Mondello and Dick Miller are the two leading Olds performance vendors. On the other hand, an Olds 455 is nearly a bolt-in.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I really like SC&C.com from PA. They have good prices and have the good F41 aftermarket piece. It is really thick and one piece. people say it keeps the steering from pushing on just one fram rail and it helps steering and stops most squeaks. That is pretty much the only bad part of the whole chassis, the front.

85_Rocket

n00b
Jun 4, 2006
Poteau, Oklahoma
Yea, I wasnt sure about the subframe or not.. I have yet get the car to my house, and I work away from home, and im just trying to get some parts ordered so that when i get home they are there waiting for me. Suspension upgrades that is.. As for the 307.. it dont have one, the car came with the built 455 already in it, and a spare 455 long block .. I only saw the car from the side and bought it.. I just love the body style more than anything. I googled SC&C.com.. but it only found brewcitymuscle or something. Is there a full weblink to this site? Thanks.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
yea that's the address. lol. i only use my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor