PerformanceOnline.com Brake kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Why don't you just modify your stock spindles ? Just my opinion but I have Brembo 4 piston calipers from a 2018 Camaro SS along with C7 Z51 rotors and cost less than the setup you are looking at..... Why look at C4 or even C5 setups ?
There are other calipers that work including CTS-V that are Brembo as well. Much better design than earlier brake setups. Jmo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
I didn't know I could until I found this thread: https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/
Pretty good info in there ^
Honestly though I think LS1 or C5 brakes are more than I need for this car. I just want it to be better than stock. I'm going with 255/45R17 tires all around and I don't want to worry about locking them up on the street. I think I'll end up going with either the blazer brakes or better pads and rotors for my current spindle. I don't have good junkyards nearby so I'm more than likely going to end up with new parts no matter what way I go. If I do go the high dollar route I think I'll go with one of the Flynbye kits or a willwood kit that will bolt onto my spindles. I think for now I'd be happy with just an upgraded brake pad and rotor. If decide I want more I can always upgrade later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor