Picked up a new project car

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUICK HIDE THAT CAR INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Minnesota has a tendency to be really bad to these cars in the winter. Nice lookin car by the way. Good luck on your project

The motor mounts in your pictures look like buick mounts. My brother has a 1971 Buick skylark he races ,& I have helped him a few times with motor swaps.

Here is what I want the car to somewhat look like, I want to take the vinyl top off, take all the chrome off and get a t-type hood for it. More or less make it a T-type replica instead of a Grand National replica
22154460077_large.jpg

Updates coming soon!

Oh. Well, they must not be too uncommon after all, I saw one just like it the other day (same colors, vinyl roof). It was the only other Regal I have seen in a long time. An older lady was driving it and it appeared to be very low mileage. Hopefully that one doesn't get modified or wrecked. I don't like modified cars too much, but if I ever found a southwestern roller like you did, I'd make a GNX look-alike out of it to be honest. T-Type trim etc. would be neat too.

they are both 5.3's, except the main motor has z06 heads, z06 cam and a f-body oil pan. So more or less its a ls1 with fewer cubic inches, they will be fuel injected. These are just the motors for this year though, I plan on turning up the boost on the first one till it pops then throw the spare one in for the rest of the year. A buddy of mine that owns a motor shop is going to build me a 408 stroker motor for next year Smile

ls series.

Nice car-friend of mine had one like that and had it painted pearl white-even the vinyl top-added a GN hood, it was nice. His didn't have the rare cornering lamps though 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor