pics needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnyR

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2009
Harvey IL,60426
I am in need of a pics from the people with regals,malibu,Montes,elcamino running the factory floor shifters I am converting a colum shift car to factory floor shifter but I need a pic of the end where the cable connects to the gear selecter bracket to see if I need anything else.I already have the shifter,cable,trans pans cable bracket I know k selector bracket and what else I don't know .Need pics ASAP before someone grabs the trans

WH1_T-type

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2010
I'm actually about to do the same conversion on my Buick. So that pic would be helpful for me as well. Any chance anyone can tell me where exactly to mount the bracket to the floor for the shifter itself?

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
3x for the picture with everything hooked up underneath the car to the trans. I have everything, but it'd be nice to have a picture of that and where to put the hole for the shifter cable in the car.

WH1_T-type said:
I'm actually about to do the same conversion on my Buick. So that pic would be helpful for me as well. Any chance anyone can tell me where exactly to mount the bracket to the floor for the shifter itself?

I found a thread on here that had a link to an Olds forum and someone had the brackets for the shifter on a Cutlass. All G-bodies use the same rear shifter bracket. Not sure if the front bracket is there on Regals, but it's not on Montes. From the forwardmost part of the hump in the floor pan, the bracket goes towards the front of the car 2-1/2". That's where I measured mine with and then welded the bracket and bolted the shifter down and put the console in the car, and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'll get a picture for you after my dash dries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor