Updated with before and after pics -Let’s be critical , what’s wrong with this picture ?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Will be ordering nitto 555 275 50 17 for rear on Monday
Now to try to find wheel well trim , any ideas on locating a new or at least a nice set ?
Check out BC Gbody dot com. They’ve got all sorts of used trim, wheelwell and otherwise, and they’re even in your province.

Reactions: 1 users

markaria

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2021
I think it looks pretty darned good...but if i had to put in my 2 cents...i think these cars look better with 15" wheels and more tire. But i grew up when these were new and many had 14's stock so the 15's were the optional upgrade and whatbcame on the sportier versions so perhaps its just nastalgia kickin in haha

Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I think it looks pretty darned good...but if i had to put in my 2 cents...i think these cars look better with 15" wheels and more tire. But i grew up when these were new and many had 14's stock so the 15's were the optional upgrade and whatbcame on the sportier versions so perhaps its just nastalgia kickin in haha
You may be right , they definitely look good with 15s
I am not ready to ditch the 17s yet
I’ve ordered some 275/50/17s for rear hopefully the taller sidewall helps out a bit
my formative automotive years were through the late 80s-early 90s so I got a little of everything, heartbeat graphics , bluebottles, low compression engines and 5 dollar junkyard tires lol
40 years later I’m still trying

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
You may be right , they definitely look good with 15s
I am not ready to ditch the 17s yet
I’ve ordered some 275/50/17s for rear hopefully the taller sidewall helps out a bit
my formative automotive years were through the late 80s-early 90s so I got a little of everything, heartbeat graphics , bluebottles, low compression engines and 5 dollar junkyard tires lol
40 years later I’m still trying
you forgot the splatter paint look under the hood!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Biggest problem I see is I sold my 86. You have very nice ride I would leave as is

Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Got my tires ordered
Went to my favourite tire shop and they said , “at least 8 weeks out , Nitto hasn’t even made them yet”
So I went home and ordered a set of summit , should be here in a week lol
It’s like Canada has stopped trying or something .

Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Tires are in , now to find the time to take my car in with half the crew gone on holidays lol
I will take before and after pics when I get it done
These things look awesome 😎

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: 3 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Missed the tire appointment , Kevin had to take a trip to the vet today
Tire shop only open til noon and same with vet clinic
Mean dogs suck - thankfully I was able to get him in before the Canada Day long weekend
No serious damage other than the bank account thankfully
IMG_0994.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
A couple pretty deep punctures , it was a malamute this time ,thank dog it wasn’t a pit bull again
Totally unprovoked , why people have mean dogs is beyond my understanding
Thanks for your concern , he’s going to be ok

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor