Pics of the 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Guys,

FINALLY got around to posting some pics of the Cutlass. Figured it's time to post some (hope not too many) and this way when I'm asking questions you guys will better understand what I'm talking about. Made two albums (one for engine and rear end, other for interior / exterior shots).

I must admit these pics are older and I have added / changed a couple things here & there but they pretty much represent the way the car is now.

Take a look (hopefully I uploaded them correctly), ask questions, make comments. And if I don't talk to you I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year!!

Car looks very nice! Did you have to cut up the console to install that shifter? That is the same one I have been wanting to get for my car but didnt know how hard it would be to install.

dan2286 said:
Did you have to cut up the console to install that shifter?

Thanks - it's definitely cleaner than the 81 Calais I had years ago, though I wish I still had that on too - it was kind of rare with the options it had on it. I'll try to post some shots of underneath, like the transmission / member / exhaust.

In terms of the shifter, the major thing is you have to do some trimming where the shiter / shifter plate is since you're using the top plate. Other than that it's pretty straight-forward, the instructions are pretty detailed. I'm still able to ratchet the shifter too :twisted:

I actually want to do a Hurst dual-gate but am happy with the B&M.

Nice looking car you got there! Ive got the same shifter in the console of my GP. I thought the stick was too tall, so i ordered the replacment stick for an F-body console mega shifter, It looks a lot better and works great!

BrownGP83 said:
Nice looking car you got there! Ive got the same shifter in the console of my GP. I thought the stick was too tall, so i ordered the replacment stick for an F-body console mega shifter, It looks a lot better and works great!

Thanks. I never thought about swapping the stick for an F-body, I'm sure it'll be shorter. I may have to look into that once I pull him from under the cover in the spring. Was swapping the stick and reverse-lockup pretty easy or a pain in the arse?

jae said:
BrownGP83 said:

Thanks. I never thought about swapping the stick for an F-body, I'm sure it'll be shorter. I may have to look into that once I pull him from under the cover in the spring. Was swapping the stick and reverse-lockup pretty easy or a pain in the arse?
Bolt in deal. Pull the boot up un do the clip for the reverse lockout, unbolt the stick, and put the new stuff on. It was about a 10 minute job with a 3 year old girl helping. And by helping I mean parts and tools wandering off! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor