pictures of cowl hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want a cowl hood for mine but i wanna get a bolt on... anybody ever put a fiberglass lift off on a frequently drove car? i mean is it a pain or is there ways around liftin the wholw hood off everytime u pop it?

T.noble24 said:
i want a cowl hood for mine but i wanna get a bolt on... anybody ever put a fiberglass lift off on a frequently drove car? i mean is it a pain or is there ways around liftin the wholw hood off everytime u pop it?

Yes, put hinges on it.

Hinges don't hurt a fibreglass hood, it's the springs. You can take the springs off the stock hinges, and then use a prop rod like all the new cars for the last 20 years.

Crazcnuk said:
T.noble24 said:

Yes, put hinges on it.

Hinges don't hurt a fibreglass hood, it's the springs. You can take the springs off the stock hinges, and then use a prop rod like all the new cars for the last 20 years.

Never thought that would work. but im definitely trying it because it beats glassing in the frame from the original just for hinges...my car was daily driven and looked like this with its current lift off glass VFN hood. I think its around 3in maybe a little shorter

Photo0546A.jpg

i want my car to look like that mean looking blacked out one in the beginning of the thread for a while before i paint it lol.

Yu can see mine, in my sig photo. Mine is 3" as well. However, mine is a scoop on the stock steel hood, and I have not been able to make it stay nice.

I've redone it 3 times, but first time at the track and it cracks where it joins the hood.

I would like to get a fiberglass hood as well, but did not like the idea of always having to take it off.

The only thing you may have to do is glass in a plate, on each side, with studs welded to it so you can bolt it to your hinges. I doubt you want carriage bolts right through the hood!

Who has the cheapest cowl hoods lift off or bolt on?

dont know who made my hood but is a complete bolt on. hinges and latch. just went to the hood pins on the front

Tamraz auto has a 4 inch fiberglass bolt on, on ebay 424.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor